WELCOME



Every week my husband and I try a new breakfast spot in Calgary. I'd love to share the experience with you. I'll include where we went, what we ate, what we thought of the restaurant and a link if you're interested in trying them out!

Reading is a passion of mine and in the past, I've shared some of my favourite reads. My reading interests have changed over the years and although I still enjoy a good self-help book, fiction is a solid second.

There you have it! Two of my favourite things, eating out and reading!

Friday, June 7, 2019

Week 14: Brekkie Cafe

Brekkie Cafe is located in SW Calgary off 85 St. at 9th Ave. in a strip mall.  The restaurant is quite unique and, if I could venture a guess, feng shui principles may have been incorporated into the design and decorating. The restaurant is bright, very clean, earth coloured walls with plants situated on the tables and in the shelving that divides the two sections. It's a very comfortable environment.
The Happy Diner
The menu is varied and there are a few interesting items that caught my eye like the Quinoa Almond Bowl and the Braised Short Rib Poutine. We decided to check out their more basic breakfasts so Bill ordered the Traditional Benny and I ordered the Classic Brekkie. Both were delicious and the eggs were fresh (no greater sin that to serve old eggs) and the sides were tasty.  The staff were great and our breakfast was served quickly.  Overall we really enjoyed our breakfast and to add to the positive experience, separate washrooms!!

Today was a cold, rainy day in Calgary.  We drove through a couple of the nearby communities and back home through Springbank. It was nice to see the green fields and trees with the homes nestled in the hillsides and the horses out enjoying the new grass and cooler temperatures.  There's a weather condition for all!

THE BOOK

It seems I can't get enough of the Nordic noir and am on to Nightblind, Ragnar Jónasson sequel to Snowblind.  This story takes place in the same northern Icelandic town where Ari Thór is faced with the shooting of his senior colleague.  None of the pieces of the puzzle seem to fit together and time is critical as Ari's own life may be threatened.  

Ragnar Jónasson is a master storyteller and I enjoy visiting another county through the eyes of a resident.  



No comments:

Post a Comment