WELCOME



Every week my husband and I try a new breakfast spot in Calgary. I'd love to share the experience with you. I'll include where we went, what we ate, what we thought of the restaurant and a link if you're interested in trying them out!

Reading is a passion of mine and in the past, I've shared some of my favourite reads. My reading interests have changed over the years and although I still enjoy a good self-help book, fiction is a solid second.

There you have it! Two of my favourite things, eating out and reading!

Friday, March 1, 2019

Week Two: Blue Star Diner

The Blue Star Diner is located in Bridgeland at 809-1st Ave. NE diagonally across from a 7- Eleven convenience store.  There's a small customer parking lot along the side lane.  If the lot is full, be prepared for a few loops around the block to find a spot to park and the residential streets have restricted parking.

The restaurant is bustling and the seats are close together so it's a bit difficult to ignore your neighbours' conversations. This can be good or bad depending on how interesting they are 😀. We arrived about 9:30 am and were seated right away.  The hostess/server was super friendly and soon had coffee on its way.

The breakfast menu offers a wide variety of choices and we chose Eggs and Chorizo Sausage (tasty, fresh and filling) @ $10.50 and a Salmon Omelette (outstanding with just the right amount of feta cheese and capers) @ $17.00!  It's worthy of mention that the coffee is very, very good!

Our overall experience was that it was a fun place to eat, the food was great and the server was engaging and light hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment